The Technical Committee TC267 had it's annual meeting 22th of November and as usual the Working Group 3 for "Design" also met on the days before. The current consolidated version of EN13480 is from 2017 and the following Addenda are under preparation for the part "Design and Calculation":
A1: This addenda is basically a correction addenda for all the minor issues detected since the publishing of the consolidated version 2017. The corrections are coming either from the MHD Help-Desk questions (See http://www.unm.fr/main/core.php?pag_id=121 ) or from the national mirror groups.
A2: This is the mainly the modification of chapter 12 and annex H with:
- explicitly write the alternative stress equations for ii and io and including torsion
- including axial force in stress calculation
- specify how to deal with corrosion allowances
- correct problems with the sectional modulus at tees
- update annex H tables with the correct sectional modulus, shape conditions and correct some graphics
- new "best practice" rules for design that minimized vibration problems
- explanations of superpositions for modal response earthquake calculations including residual-mode
- introduction of a new criteria "dynamic susceptibility" to estimate risk of vibration problems before excitation is known.
- allowable stresses for structural steel used for support design acc. to chapter 13.
In addition there are 3 preliminary work-item which are under discussion:
prA4 - Clarification of support design in chapter 13 especially with the use of Eurocode 3 rules.
prA5 - rewriting of chapter 9 - "External Pressure" to take into account piping "out of roundness" bigger than 1%
prA6 - Chapter 10 - Design against cyclic failure