Wall Thickness Bend & Branch Connection

Here you can post your question about ROHR2.
Antworten
GeertWouters

Wall Thickness Bend & Branch Connection

Beitrag von GeertWouters »

Hi,

During a few weeks, I have been working with Rohr2 and the DIN standards.
I have a problem with modeling the new routing of the pipeline.

Is there a possibility to change the wall thickness for a bend?
For example: Th Pipe DN250= 7.1mm en bend 90LR Th=8.8mm

How can I reduce the stresses at node with a branch connection from the header DN200/DN25
For example: Component Tee DN250/DN25 insufficiently sized, utilization: 400%

Kind Regards,
Geert
rohr2admin
Administrator

Re: Wall Thickness Bend & Branch Connection

Beitrag von rohr2admin »

Dear Geert,

of course you can set up different wall thicknesses for the pipe and bend. Just go to the "bend" section in your pipe dimensions:
s_bend.JPG
Where do you have your high stresses of the branch, is it in the internal pressure design? If so, you only can check if you considered the correct tolerance and corrosion in the pipe dimensions.
In case these values are correct, the utilization only depends on the geometry and the pressure/ temperature, so if it is overstressed you have to e.g. increase the wall thickness.

best regards,
ROHR2support
Sie haben keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
GeertWouters

Beitrag von GeertWouters »

Thank You for the answer,

Now there is another question about the branch connection. In this case I have a connection with a header DN200, Wt 2,9mm and DN50, Wt 2mm.
When I checked the pipe specification and the branch table: Abzweig unverstarkt, Aushalsung.
It's logical the branch is overstressed, but how can I modelling the solution.

I will check the branch with a Stub In, Stub On, Weldolet and a Reinforcement plate? I don't understand how to modeling the different solutions in Rohr2?
Sie haben keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
rohr2admin
Administrator

Beitrag von rohr2admin »

Hello,

You can change the type of branch by double clicking on the branch node. The meaning of the different types you can get from the ROHR2 stress manual.
knoten.JPG
If you are calculating acc. to EN13480, you also might have a look at the table H.2 of annex H, where the component “tee with special shape conditions” is mentioned. If your branch fulfils the conditions, you might get smaller SIF- factors and therefore lower stresses.

Best regrads,
ROHR2supprt
Antworten