Help function (F1) doesn't work

Frequently asked questions
Antworten
r2user

Help function (F1) doesn't work

Beitrag von r2user »

Hello

if I press F1 on a dialog window to get help for this window I get an error message (Error 16394). How can this be changed?

Best regards
rohr2support

Re: Help function (F1) doesn't work

Beitrag von rohr2support »

Hi Rohr2 User

The reason for this is that the ROHR2 Help file is a pdf document with "named destinations" that means that the
Help key F1 will open the document on the right page depending on the context you are in when you press it.
This only works with pdf readers that support named destination. The best solution is to use Acrobat Reader.
If you use a different standard pdf viewer on your system, you can still see the manual but you get the above error and you have to go
to the correct page yourself.

Best regard

Rohr2 Support
r2user

Beitrag von r2user »

Hello

does it work if I install the Acrobat Reader in addition to a different PDF reader?

Best regards
rohr2admin
Administrator

Beitrag von rohr2admin »

Hello

this will work but In this case you have to define the command for executing the Acrobat Reader in the registry for ROHR2:
Under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SIGMA\ROHR2\3110\ROHR2WIN\R2MODUL you have to insert the path to the executable of the Acrobat Reader for the parameter PDF_READER
(e.g."c:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 10.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe").

Best regards
r2user

Beitrag von r2user »

Hello

I have only Acrobat Reader installed but I still get this error message if I press F1. How can this be fixed?

Best regards
rohr2admin
Administrator

Beitrag von rohr2admin »

Hello

if you are using Acrobat Reader X or higher in some cases a registry entry used for the communication between ROHR2 and Acrobat Reader is wrong.

In the attached PDF file you will find a description to fix this.

Best regards
Sie haben keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Antworten