ROHR2 Dynamic calculations, questions and discussions
ROHR2stoss - Structural Analysis with Dynamic Loads using Direct Integration
Antworten
r2user

Earthquake - Resulting forces

Beitrag von r2user »

Good morning,

I have some questions:
My first question is, when I peform a static earthquake analysis - where I can find the resulting forces?
For now i just have the forces in the directions Qx/ Qy/ Qz, but I would like know the resultant forces as well.

My next question is, where can I find the resulting forces for a dynamic earthquake.
For example I have a frequency of 5.2 Hz and the according accelerating is 27m.s-2, what is the force in this case?

Best regards
rohr2support

Re: Earthquake - Resulting forces

Beitrag von rohr2support »

Dear User,

1. Static earthquake analysis:
The resultant forces can be determined by superpositions. If you select „Superpositions of all directions by SRSS” for the static earthquake laod case (tab “Superpositon” of the load case settings) this superposition is done automatically for extreme value calculations where the automatic creation of the superpositions is switched on (otherwise this superposition can be craeted manually).
earthquake_1.jpg
2. Dynamic earthquake analysis:
I think you are looking for the effect of each natural frequency/eigen value on the earchquake calculation. You can get the influence of each eigen value by activating the switch “Create superposition to analyse the influence of the eigen values” of the load case settings of this loasd case. This will create a new extreme value calculation called “[Name of the loadcase]_RKK”. For this extreme value calculation you have to select the sections (nodes, supports, …) you want to analyse. The result is a table with the results of all eigen values multiplied with the factor used for the earthquake calculation. For more information about this see ROHR2basic manual, chapter 73.
earthquake_2.jpg
Earthquake_3.jpg
Best regards
Sie haben keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Antworten